ALL CLASSES are from 9:00am – 4:00pm at 420 Investors place, Suite 103, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
If you are interested in taking a class, please contact Michelle Seekins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Person Centered Thinking
Person Centered Thinking is training that will aid in developing an individualized support plan that is both relevant and meaningful to that individual. The curriculum for this course was developed by Michael Smull and the Essential Lifestyle Planning (ELP) Community. ELP has identified basic skills and tools that help learners understand and embrace this way of thinking. Teaching and supporting the use of Person Centered Thinking skills ensure that plans are carried out to the fullest and most effective potential.
12 hours over 2 days. Cost: $60
One-Page Profile Training
This 4 hour workshop is an in depth study of and practice of using of the one-page profile. First introduced in Michael Smull’s Person Centered Thinking Training, the One-Page Profile is a creative tool used to provide a positive introduction, along with describing what is important to and how best to support the focus person. Participants will leave with a greater understanding of how to gather the information needed for the One-Page Profile, along with samples of profiles and their own created profile.
4 hour workshop. Cost $30
Community Connections Training
This one-day workshop explores what it means to be connected to your community and provides suggestions for helping others connect. Topics include:
- Exploring what is meant by being connected to one’s community.
- Discovering positive and welcoming opportunities in the community.
- Understanding the difference between attending an event and being a part of group.
- How to move from simply being present to being a full participant in the community.
- Methods for identifying how best to support a person in activities that match their personal interests.
Medication Management Training
Medication Management Training is a Board of Nursing approved training for persons who assist with medications in facilities licensed by the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services, including Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services.
Training will be provided by a contracted licensed nurse. Please note that this class does not include the additional six hours required now for G-tube services.
This is a 32-hour course and attendance to all classes is required for certification. Cost: $150, non-refundable
Red Cross Standard First Aid with CPR/AED Adult
Participants will learn how to:
- Administer CPR and first aid
- Handle emergency situations
- Take basic precautions to prevent disease transmission
- Care for injuries or sudden illness until advanced medical help arrives
- Help someone in breathing and cardiac emergencies
- Administer chest compressions
- Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Care for life-threatening bleeding, sudden illness, shock, injury and seizure disorders
Recertification is required every 2 years. Cost: $75
This is only one of the reasons that I love this company so much. YOU GIVE BACK and appreciate
what we do to make SSVA one of the Greatest companies around today.
I am so honored to be a part of Something so great.