Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP)
Support Services of Virginia, Inc. (SSVA) is looking for a Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) to join our team. As a QIDP, you will play a highly interactive and critical role in the lives of those receiving services from SSVA.
The ideal candidate is friendly and positive, open minded and flexible, and a strong advocate for others while possessing excellent organization, time management, and communication skills. They possess a passion for helping others create their best lives – realizing success by helping others realize theirs!
Commitment to SSVA Core Values: You are an ambassador for SSVA’s Core Values. You personally identify with them and your behavior is reflective – it is your way of being. You use positive practices at all times when supporting others, with team members and people in the community, and in all situations in which you represent SSVA.
Proficiency in DSP Core Competencies: You demonstrate person-centered skills, values and attitudes. You understand and follow service requirements. You demonstrate abilities that improve or maintain the health and wellness of those you support.
Documentation: You generate documentation that is accurate and in accordance with Individual Support Plans and oversight requirements. You capture information that is vital for the development and evaluation of Individual Service Plans – guides to helping others realize success .
Accountability: You work your agreed upon schedule, attend site meetings, and maintain all required trainings. You are flexible and willing to help out when and where needed. You follow SSVA time off guidelines and remain knowledgeable of and adhere to SSVA’s policies and procedures.
- Provides direction, development and implementation, direct supervision and monitoring to community based day DD Waiver services.
- Develops, conducts and approves individual assessments.
- Uses assessment information to develop person centered individual support plans.
- Reviews weekly data and progress notes for completeness and accuracy.
- Oversees individual progress towards individual desired outcomes and completes and submits quarterly reviews.
- Responsible for development and upkeep of individual services records in accordance with policy and regulation.
- Acts as a liaison between team members and an advocate for individuals supported.
Job Type: Starting Part Time
Salary: Starting $14.00 /hour
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1 year QIDP experience (preferred)
- Minimum of high school diploma combined with extensive experience working with individuals with ID / DD diagnosis.
- Experience with clinical documentation and person centered language.
- Computer skills to include experience with electronic health records.
- Virginia Beach, VA
License or certification:
- QIDP Preferred
- Driver’s License Preferred
SSVA is an equal opportunity employer.
DSPs work in a changing environment that adjusts to the needs of the individuals receiving services. The environment may be fast-paced with interruptions, distractions and deadlines. DSPs need to be flexible and be able to adjust to changing needs or activities.
Depending on the needs of the individuals, the work can be physically demanding including transferring or supporting people with mobility needs, lifting or moving items up to 50 lbs, walking or standing for extended periods of time or providing support through CPR/First Aid, behavioral support, and other interventions.
Team Member Benefits
SSVA offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees including three medical plan options, health savings account (HSA) match, dental insurance, employee assistance program (EAP), life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, Dream Big program, Team thisABILITY and numerous other perks.
Pay wages range from $9.25 – $10.25. Combined, these benefits add up to over 30% increase over the base wage. For example, a full- time DSP making $9.25 per hour at SSVA is the equivalent of making $12.02 at a company without such robust benefits.
Start The Application Process
what we do to make SSVA one of the Greatest companies around today.
I am so honored to be a part of Something so great.